Sunday, February 8, 2009

Children...

During this time of the year, I am always reminded of my pregnancies and births.  I am so thankful for three wonderful, beautiful, healthy births and babies.  The births just seem to get better with each one!  I am also reminded in the midst of all of this craziness what a blessing and a gift children are to us.  The other night we had a friend over from church.  He was sharing with us everything he does and asking questions about Chris' work etc.  As he was leaving, he looked at me and said, "I've been meaning to ask you what you do.  Do you just stay at home most of the time?"  He wasn't trying to be mean, he was simply curious. (he is still single)  I just smiled and explained to him that this (our home and family) is what I do.  Ever since I can remember I just wanted to be a mom and a wife.  I am so thankful for being reminded of it.  I am also thankful that I had NO IDEA how involved that calling is!

We have so much to learn from little children...  Jesus leads by example, "let the little children come unto me..."

No comments: