Monday, February 18, 2013

I Know You by Name

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when i was made in the secret place.
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one one of them came to be."
                                                                                                   -Psalm 139


We are coming to a close to our 'birthday season'.  From New Year's Eve until Feb. 19, we celebrate SIX birthdays.  Yes, that is correct!  It can be a lot to make every one special but WELL worth it. 

Tomorrow we celebrate my oldest son's 9th birthday.  Nine years ago today, I was in a much different place filled with great excitement and yet some fear.  My husband and I often take the road less traveled... not to be different but simply to be... us.  We were getting ready to have our first homebirth.  My first birth was by far the toughest birth.  Joshua was posterior and very large.  I was in pretty serious labor for over a day and my contractions in active labor never paused because my body was trying to flip him.  I pushed for three hours and out came this plump, perfect boy weighing in at 9 pounds 15 ounces.  The excitement was just beginning as my body tried to recover from all that I went through but we made it!  Not only did we make it but we proceeded to have 4 more homebirths which were much less eventful!

Every child is such a gift... So uniquely made... So filled with love, joy, trust and excitement.  I am truly blessed.

As we continue through Lent and venture into our 'normal' lives, may we know, feel and believe the truth that God loves us more than we could ever dream or imagine and He is honored to call us His children...  

He knows each one of us by name and He promises never to leave us or forsake us...

No comments: