Thursday, February 14, 2013

Living My Dreams at 35...

Today is my 35th birthday!  It is kind of crazy to think that I am 35.  I am not someone who gets all bent out of shape about age... actually I really enjoy getting older... maybe even wiser?!

When I was little, ever since I can remember, all I wanted to do was be a wife, a mother and a teacher.  Now at 35, I am doing all three!  I am a wife to an amazingly godly man who lives his life constantly asking 'what would jesus do?'.  I have five beautiful children aging from almost 9 to 1. And I have the privilege of homeschooling my children.  I can honestly say that I lack for nothing.

Looking into this new year (I just love new beginnings), I am praying that God would truly lead us and guide us.  I want to live a life that speaks Jesus without using any words!  I want my children and myself to learn more about the needs around us, to love in a way that has no boundaries and to serve others with the reality that when we serve someone, we are really serving Jesus.  We have much to learn but more importantly, we have much to give thanks for... this is my list of 35 things that I am thankful for... (of course it is only the beginning...)

1.  Knowing Jesus as my personal Lord, Saviour and best friend.
2.  Meeting the man of my dreams.
3.  My 5 children
4.  My immediate and extended family
5.  My church family
6.  My neighbors
7.  Hill- my sister in so many ways
8.  A beautiful house that brings rest to my soul
9.  My bed which provides much needed rest
10. A bathroom with a shower and hot water- most of the time:)
11. The feeling when I hold a soft bunny up against me.
12. Surprises
13. Music
14. A one year old and all that goes with her!
15. Beautiful food
16. Fresh juice which brings life
17. Warm boots, coats and mittens
18. Sledding
19. God's mercies which are new every morning
20. freshly painted toes
21. a clean kitchen
22. tweezers (I am Italian!)
23. thrift stores
24. the smell of fresh pesto
25. solitude
26. the night time (and day time) 'I love you' s from my children
27. reading
28. the color deep red
29. fleece socks
30. teaching my children to read
31. homemade flowers from my sons
32. good movies
33. dark chocolate
34. sweating after a good workout
35. the ability to give and receive love

And this is my prayer for you:  that you may know the abundant and unconditional love of our Lord Jesus both now and forevermore.  Blessings

No comments: