Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sometimes Life is Like Shoveling a Driveway

The puking has pretty much subsided after 7 full days.  There are still other bodily fluids but no puking yet today!  One thing I haven't had time for is exercising... then I realized that without knowing it I started running again... running to whomever was yelling for me, knowing that I had seconds before they puked!  Who knew?!

So, this morning, after sending one to school and sitting the others in front of another video, hoping for them to sit still and heal, I decided to conquer the driveway.  There were only a few inches of snow but I knew it was wet snow which equals VERY HEAVY!  I stepped outside and immediately began feeling overwhelmed.  However, I proceeded.  I needed the exercise and an outlet, I was starting to feel some anger and frustration from the last week.

I decided to start at my least favorite part and work back, focusing on good movement so not to injure any muscles and yet be most productive.  Little by little I began seeing the driveway.  When I got down to the part by the street, I got overwhelmed again... it was extra heavy from the plow and then I had the thought, this is just like life.  As times get tough we do not have the option to just give up but rather to persevere.  To do one day at a time and sometimes simply take moment by moment just like I was doing shovel load by shovel load.  And before I knew it, I had a clean driveway, I was sweating, I felt the anger and frustration subside and I knew my husband would be able to come home after a very long days work and not have to worry about shoveling.


May you focus today on perseverance... day by day, moment by moment.

No comments: